2. The so-called neutral political parties like the BSP, AIMIM or the BRS have often been critical of the government but have never had to face the central agencies, which indicate the understanding between them.
3. BJP also appears to be invincible because it controls all the institutions including the Election Commission of India and the media, besides having corporate backing and backing by big tech companies like X, Meta, Apple and Google.
4. Indian Judiciary has often been vocal in its criticism of the BJP government’s laws, policies and practices but there is no evidence of the courts actually restraining the excesses of the executive and the Opposition can expect little relief from the courts.
5. Indeed, the opposition or the INDIA alliance can expect no quarters from the judiciary, the Election Commission, the mainstream media, corporates and the tech companies or the central agencies.
6. Opposition unity is also a mirage as INDIA allies are speaking in different voices and with even Sharad Pawar speaking up for the Adani Group, the INDIA alliance cannot take the support of anyone for granted.
7. While INDIA alliance may well be fighting to save democracy and the Constitution and against the deadly combination of fascism and Brahminism, the alliance does not appear to have succeeded in reaching the message to the voters.