US Mom Made Son Say ‘Goodbye To Daddy’ On Camera Before Killing Him A Day Before Hearing Of Custody Battle

New Delhi: A US mother, identified as Savannah Kriger, 32, asked her 3-year-old son, Kaiden, to bid farewell to his father in a chilling video call moments before she ended both their lives, according to The New York Post. Kriger was allegedly involved in a bitter custody battle with her ex-husband.

The devastating event unfolded at a park in San Antonio, Texas, where Kriger and her son were discovered with fatal gunshot wounds to their heads on March 19. The incident took place a day before Kriger was due in court for a custody hearing with her ex-husband, police were quoted as saying.

Prior to her death, authorities said Kriger shot at her old wedding photos and vandalised her ex-husband’s residence. She also allegedly inundated him with a barrage of FaceTime video calls and texts, issuing warnings such as, “You won’t have anything at all by the end of the day”, The New York Post reported.

ALSO READ| Double Murder: Father Suspected Of Poisoning His Son, Daughter Absconding

On March 18, Kriger left work in the afternoon and headed straight to her ex’s home while he was at work, the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office said. Savannah Kriger then reportedly drove to her own residence, after damaging the ex’s furniture and some personal items.

When authorities later arrived at her residence, they found that Kriger had laid out her wedding dress and portraits on the bed. Meanwhile, Savannah proceeded to pick up Kaiden from daycare, authorities said.

‘You Don’t Have Anything To Go Home To Now’: Savannah

“You don’t have anything to go home to now. You really don’t,” Kriger reportedly told her ex in one FaceTime call. “You won’t have anything at all at the end of the day.” The final text to her ex read, “Say goodbye to your son.”

A 21-second video recovered from her phone showed Kriger and her son sitting in a ditch in the park where their bodies would later be discovered. Savannah and Kaiden’s bodies were found approximately 19 hours after an Amber Alert was issued and authorities initiated a search of the area, The New York Post report said.

Leave a Comment