Eighteen women workers of a meat factory here were hospitalised after they complained of difficulty in breathing and started vomiting following a gas leak on the premises, police said on Wednesday.
The incident took place late Tuesday evening when the workers were packing meat in the factory in Mandi Khera, they said.
Following the gas leak, the workers started vomiting and were having trouble breathing. Some of them also fell unconscious, according to police.
The women were admitted to the civil hospital and were discharged after some time, police said.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.